Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pointers to the Mind of God - One

Nisargadatta Maharaj (September 11, 1980, Prior to Consciousness p. 50):

Whether one be a jnani or an ignorant person his bodily nourishment, sustenance, maintenance, etc., goes on through the meaning of the words of his mind.

His thoughts will also flow according to the impressions he has received since childhood.

The activities came our from the vital breath, the words, and the knowingness "I Am".

The image of any God is given through the vital breath, the language of the vital breath means words.

When all aspects of the vital breath are purified there is no scope for desires, there are no physical or mental sufferings.
...
All these details I accept, but I know that the sum total is zero.

My present talks are very difficult to understand. To become qualified to understand, stay put at that source of your birth.
...
All my activities come out spontaneously, there is no scope for thinking.

Since I know my state prior to birth, I also know that birth point, and since my birth, whatever I am - my beingness - I also know. That's why I talk like this.

The experiencer and the experiences, both are to be dissolved.
...
From deep sleep to waking state, what is it?

It is the "I Am" state with no words, later the words start flowing and you get involved with the meaning of the words and carry out your worldly life with the meaning of those words - that is mind.

But before this "I Am" and waking state, that borderline, there you have to be.
...
but the subtlest part is this, from deep sleep to waking state. To abide in that you must have an intensely peaceful state.

In that state witnessing of the waking state happens.

You must go to that limit, but it is very difficult. For a normal person, with the arrival of the "I Am" and the word flow, he will go with the word flow. The one who has discrimination, who is intelligent, and is intensely spiritual, we must bring here prior to  that "I Amness."

If you have regard for me, remember my words. The knowledge "I Am" is the greatest God, the Guru; be one with that, be intimate with it. That itself will bless you with all the knowledge relevant for you and in the proliferation of that knowledge it will lead you to the state which is eternal.

You will become mature enough to be in the province of that nirguna (without attributes) state.

You cannot convert a raw mango into a ripe mango, full of juice, overnight. It must pass through the course of time for maturity.







No comments:

Post a Comment